This course explores the healing qualities of certain essential oils helpful for the physical body with a focus on the oncology population. The historical and current use of essential oils for cancer care are reviewed. The essential oil chemistry, quality standards, safety, and research are discussed especially as they relate to symptomology.
- Identify specific essential oils that can aid in cancer care.
- Explore the history, quality, uses, and safety of essential oils.
- Discuss potential clinical uses of certain essential oils for the oncology population.
- Participate in experiential learning utilizing essential oils for cancer care.
- Explore current research of essential oils for cancer care and symptomatology.